DEARBORN, Michigan — Ford Motor Co. late last month treats journalists to an early view here of some of the powertrain advances the company will employ to achieve its goal of increasing sport/utility vehicle (SUV) fuel economy by 25% in the coming five years (see WEVTU - Aug. 1, '00, p.1). Engineers say that no single technology will deliver such large gain, but instead the company will use combinations, depending on the ability to adapt them to individual platforms. For example, Ford ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford details SUV powertrain advances" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.