Ford Motor Co. has slated production of its new global inline 4- and 5-cyl. engines without the benefit of having named the aluminum suppliers of the project. According to American Metal Market, it has been disclosed that Ford will be turning out over 780,000 units per year. Estimates indicate that Ford's Dearborn, Mich. and Chihuahua, Mexico plants combined will consume aluminum in abundance of 90 million lbs. (41 million kg) of finished parts applications. The new I-4s and I-5s will be ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford digging for aluminum suppliers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.