Ford Motor Co. is downplaying speculation that a major announcement is imminent, based on the automaker's talks with Toyota Motor Corp. “No major announcement,” says Ford's top spokesman. Reports out of Tokyo say discussions between Ford and Toyota, ranked second and third respectively among the world's largest automakers, were held in July and again last month. They involved Ford President and Chief Executive Jacques Nasser and Toyota Chairman Hiroshi Okuda. The earlier session took ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Downplays Toyota Rumors" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.