Ford Motor Co. reportedly will shut down its St. Paul, MN, Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series pickup assembly plant for two weeks in December for inventory control. The Twin Cities facility has been closed four weeks since late September, including consecutive weeks in November, when days’ supply of Ford and Mazda pickups hit 138 and 142, respectively. Ranger sales are down 25% to date vs. like-2003, and B-Series deliveries have fallen 31.5%. The plant will be shuttered the weeks of Dec. 13 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Earmarks Twin Cities for Pre-Holiday Idling" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.