DEARBORN HEIGHTS, MI – The new Ford Edge cross/utility vehicle will use the same engine as the ’07 Lincoln Aviator, the new 3.5L DOHC V-6, as well as share its CD3 platform, Ford Motor Co. officials confirm at a product event here. The ’07 Edge midsize CUV will compete with the likes of the Toyota Highlander and Nissan Murano and make its debut in January at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit.(See related story: Ford Unveils Bigger, Badder V-6) The Edge is expected to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Edge to Debut at NAIAS" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.