STERLING HEIGHTS, MI – Ford’s top marketer stops short of calling the auto maker’s upcoming C-Max cross/utility vehicle, which comes with a plug-in or hybrid-electric powertrain, a Prius-fighter, but his description of the vehicle tells the story. “Hybrid customers were asking for a dedicated silhouette, which is the reason we wanted to make this only available as a hybrid or PHEV,” Jim Farley, Ford’s chief marketer, says in a media backgrounder here at the auto maker’s Van Dyke ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Electric Vehicle Strategy Evolving" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.