Ford of Europe is calling for the continuation of government-backed vehicle-scrappage programs that helped propel the auto maker to its best July sales record and year-to-date market share in the region since 1999. “We strongly believe that these incentive schemes should continue for as long as practically possible and then be phased out in an orderly manner to avoid any dramatic reduction in market demand that could damage the still-fragile improvement we have seen in recent months,” says ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford of Europe Calls for Continuation of Scrappage Programs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.