Ford Motor Co., which recorded a net second-quarter loss of $8.7 billion, confirms it will retool three truck plants for small-car production and introduce six new European-flavor vehicles to North America by 2010. “While we have no intention of giving up our longtime truck leadership, we are creating a new Ford in North America on a foundation of small, fuel-efficient cars and (cross/utility vehicles) that will set new standards for quality, fuel economy, product features and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Europe to Invade North America" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.