DEARBORN — More moves are in the cards for Ford of Europe, as the automaker looks for ways to trim another US$1 billion in assets on top of the nearly US$1 billion in cuts announced in a sweeping reorganization May 12 (see WAI Update — May '00, p.1). In an interview at Ford World Headquarters here just days after making the announcement to close a car factory in Dagenham, U.K., and turn over several transmission plants to a new joint venture with Getrag Getriebe-und Zahnradfabrik, Ford of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford of Europe to look for more cost cuts, Scheele says" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.