With physical prototype reduction as a hallmark of its restructured product-development process, Ford Motor Co.’s European arm next year will launch a vehicle developed from a single prototype phase, Ward's has learned. “Over the course of the past decade, we’ve gradually eliminated a number of prototype phases from our vehicle-development process,” says Derrick Kuzak, Ford of Europe’s vice president-product development. “Where we’re at today is we have two phases – what we call an ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Europe Program Boasts Single Prototype" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.