Ford Motor Co. adds an additional 310,000 units to an existing list of compact cross/utility vehicles being recalled. The auto maker reportedly is calling back Ford Escape and Mazda Tribute CUVs from the ’01-’05 model years because of potential problems with the liftgate. The National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. says the rear door could open during a crash if left unlocked, Reuters reports. The latest callback follows a voluntary recall of 600,000 Escapes earlier this month in relation ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Expands Compact CUV Recall" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.