OAKVILLE, Ont., Canada – A positive announcement about the Oakville Assembly Plant is expected “some time this fall,” Ford Motor Co. Chairman and CEO Bill Ford Jr. says during a visit here. Ford Freestar Such talk from the top pours cold water on persistent rumors Ford may close its flagship Canadian assembly plant. In June, the government of Canada committed C$100 million ($72.5 million) to Ford’s proposed C$1 billion ($725 million) plan to convert a pair of Oakville facilities ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Expects Oakville Announcement Soon" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.