DEARBORN, MI – Ford Motor Co. confirms its new 5.0L V-8 engine will be offered in the ’11 F-Series pickup truck, as first reported by Ward’s. The 5.0L engine developed for the new ’11 Mustang is an ideal fit for the F-Series, although it initially wasn’t developed with a truck application in mind, a top Ford engineer says. “When we originally kicked the rogram off, it was going to be a Mustang-only engine,” Mike Harrison, V-8 program manager, tells Ward’s. “But within three months of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford F-150 Gets New Engines; Expedition Could Be Next" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.