Ford Motor Co. announces it has signed an agreement with Fiat Auto SpA to study the feasibility of jointly manufacturing engines in India. The engines would be destined for the automakers' respective future vehicles for the Indian market. The two companies are contemplating the possibility of using a plant in Kurla, India, already owned by Fiat for engine production, but whether the Kurla plant is an eventual production site will be determined by the study, says Ford, along with other ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford, Fiat examine engine JV in India" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.