Ford Motor Co. and Fiat Auto SpA finalize their agreement to jointly develop and produce two subcompact cars expected to hit the market in 2007 and 2008. The cars, in the sub-B segment, include the new Fiat 500 and the first redesign of the Ford Ka. Projected production is 240,000 units to be split evenly between the two models targeting the European market. (See related story: Fiat Would Take Lead in Ford Small-Car Partnership) The current Panda platform will be the base of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford, Fiat Proceed With Subcompacts for Europe" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.