DEARBORN — Ford Motor Co. and Fiat SpA team up to study the possibility of jointly manufacturing powertrains for their respective future products for India. The automakers say they will evaluate the possibility of using Fiat's factory in Kurla, Mumbia, India, for joint engine production. They plan to examine exact plant location and other information, such as plant production capacity, employment and timing of future plant operations, Ford says in a statement. The study may be the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford, Fiat study potential JV for India" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.