DETROIT – Ford Motor Co. is throwing Firestone to the Lions – the Detroit Lions. Ford Field, the National Football League team’s new stadium, will feature an artificial playing surface composed partly of rubber reclaimed from recalled Bridgestone/Firestone Inc. tires, Ward’s has learned. A Detroit Lions spokesman confirms the deal with FieldTurf, a Montreal-based company that already has installed its unique surface in more than 400 athletic complexes worldwide – including the practice ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Field Featuring Firestones" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.