ROMEO, MI – Ford Motor Co. confirms its Mazda6-based midsize Ford sedan, slated for ’06, will be called the Fusion when it bows late next year alongside Mercury and Lincoln derivatives in the U.S. The Fusion slots in as a C-segment replacement for the long-running Ford Taurus, which eventually will go out of production. Calling the Fusion name one of its “worst-kept secrets” because of recent reports suggesting its inevitability, Greg Smith, Ford’s newly appointed executive vice ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Fills Futura Void with Fusion" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.