Bridgestone Firestone North American Tire LLC will pay Ford Motor Co. $240 million to cover its obligation in connection with a pair of recalls that cost the auto maker more than $2 billion and tarnished the reputations of both companies. The joint settlement covers Ford's voluntary recall of 6.5 million tires in August 2000, and its “Firestone tire replacement program” which culled 13 million tires in May 2001. The recalls shone a harsh spotlight on the safety record of Ford's popular ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford, Firestone Reach Settlement" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.