GENEVA – Ford Motor Co. and Bridgestone Inc. “aren’t very far along” in their efforts to heal wounds opened by last year’s Firestone tire fiasco, the auto maker’s chairman and CEO says. “We would like to, ultimately, have a decent relationship with Bridgestone. And we’re working toward that. But frankly, it’s very early,” Bill Ford Jr. tells reporters at the Geneva International Motor Show. The 100-year-old business relationship shared by the two companies soured last year after Ford ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford, Firestone Remain Far Apart" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.