DETROIT – Avoiding a potentially embarrassing recall, Ford Motor Co. has been quietly fixing defects on ’03 Ford Expedition SUVs before it releases them to dealerships, press reports say. Between 1,000, and 2,000 early production models of the fullsize SUV reportedly have poor welds in the rear suspension area. Dana Corp., maker of the Expedition frame, is said to be working with an independent contractor to re-weld faulty spots on the trucks at a hangar of the Willow Run airport in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Fixes Faulty Expeditions" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.