Ford Motor Co. says its Focus was the world's best-selling passenger car nameplate in 2000 and predicts it could supplant F-Series as the top-selling vehicle if trends continue. An exhaustive look at worldwide sales figures, complicated by regional record-keeping variances, concludes Ford dealers sold 941,938 Focus models in 2000. Close behind is the Volkswagen Golf with worldwide unit sales of 846,933. “We asked each of our affiliates to report the sales of the best-selling products in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford: Focus Biggest Nameplate in 2000" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.