NEW YORK – Ford Motor Co.'s new regime is on a quest to promote design as a differentiator, says Peter Horbury, executive director of design for the Americas. “We're moving away from manufacturing-inspired vehicles to design-inspired ones,” he says. Speaking to the International Motor Press Assn. here, Horbury says design must be affordable. “You have to consider manufacturing and cost,” he says. “(The) Fusion, Milan and Zephyr are examples of this type of design. We got collaboration ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford to Focus on Design-Inspired Vehicles" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.