Ford Motor Co. shuts down 3- and 5-door Focus assembly in Hermosillo, Mexico, following more than five years of hatchback production. The auto maker is moving Focus hatchback output to its Focus sedan plant in Wayne, MI, to make room for a trio of midsize sedans – Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan and Lincoln Zephyr - set to hit the market this fall. Plant retooling began June 20 in anticipation for Job One of the new cars scheduled for Aug. 1. Focus hatchback production kicks off in Wayne ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Focus Output Ends in Mexico" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.