CHICAGO — Doug Scott, Ford Motor Co. sport/utility vehicle (SUV) group marketing manager, speaking at a recent meeting of the Midwest Automotive Media Assn., says Ford economists expect gasoline prices to settle at $1.50 by the fourth quarter of this year. He says high Midwest gasoline prices have not impacted overall SUV sales so far — but that if gasoline stays at or more than $2 per gallon for more than six months, it will be felt. He says the total current market for SUVs is 2.3 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford forecasts $1.50 gasoline" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.