The Ford Fusion surpassed the Nissan Altima in retail sales in April, marking the first time a domestic midsize sedan has ranked among the top-3 best-sellers in the segment since July 2002, the auto maker’s top U.S. sales analyst says. Over the past decade, a domestic midsize sedan may have cracked the top three, but “not at retail,” says George Pipas, noting April marked the best-ever sales month for the Fusion. “This is good stuff.” In April, the Fusion racked up 18,321 deliveries, a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Fusion Making Headway in Import-Dominated Sedan Segment" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.