Production of Fusion cars reportedly is under way at Ford Motor Co.’s Cologne, Germany, assembly plant. Ford says it plans to produce 69,000 of the 5-door hatchbacks annually. The car is priced at €13,950 ($13,587) and aimed at young families. It is available with either a diesel or choice of two gasoline engines. Fusion shares parts with Ford’s Fiesta model, which the auto maker hopes will increase profits at its now in-the-black European operations. Because of the launch, Ford will ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Fusion Starts Production in Cologne" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.