The U.S. Post Office has agreed to buy 500 electric delivery vans from Ford Motor Co. Ford will supply its Ranger pickup EV chassis to Baker Electromotive of Rome, NY, which will do the body work. Eventually the Post Office could order 5,500 additional EV vans, if the initial fleet meets operating and cost targets. A factory for the project is set up at the former Griffis Air Force Base that originally was designed to launch cruise missiles. About $12 million in subsidies from New York, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Gets $24 Million EV Order" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.