Ford Motor Co. will give up majority ownership of two Canadian aluminum casting plants in Windsor, Ont., to Nemak, its joint venture with ALFA of Mexico, to gain dominance in aluminum casting and pursue more non-Ford business. Ford of Canada President Bobbie Gaunt made the announcement in Windsor Friday that the two have signed a memorandum of understanding with an agreement to be finalized by year's end. The 1,140 workers remain Ford of Canada employees under the three-year Canadian Auto ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Gives Plants to JV; Will Boost V-8 Output" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.