Ford Focus MOSCOW – Ford Motor Co. and General Motors Corp. in August each celebrated their first full production year in Russia. Ford produces the Focus in its plant in Vsevolozhsk near St. Petersburg, and GM is making the Chevrolet Niva SUV at ZAO GM-AvtoVAZ, a joint venture with AvtoVAZ and EBRD. (See related story: Ford Opens Russian Plant) Ford, which plans to make 13,000 Focus cars this year and about 25,000 in 2004, says local content is running 15% but is targeted ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford, GM Mark First Production Year in Russia" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.