In an effort to thwart further negative publicity and possible lawsuits over its head-gasket troubles, Ford Motor Co. announces that in addition to its $4,000 voucher offer, it will buy back some of the 717,680 vehicles that were equipped with the faulty head gaskets (see WEVTU — March 1, '00, p.8). The move is unconventional as it is neither a voluntary nor a government recall, but rather “an adjustment” — the fifth largest in industry history, according to experts. Ford will buy back ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford goes further with head-gasket fix" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.