California attorney and inventor Frank Weyer makes good on his promise to take Ford Motor Co. to court over a differentiating feature on the ’05 Mustang he says he created. Weyer says the technology behind Mustang’s MyColor instrumentation – which allows for numerous combinations of backlight hues for the central gauge cluster – was awarded a federal patent Nov. 2, 1999, and is being used by Ford without permission. Inventor accuses Ford of ripping off MyColor feature. He has ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Going to Court Over MyColor Option" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.