Ford Motor Co.'s safety woes mount with the discovery of a faulty safety system module that has forced the automaker to stop delivery of the new '01 Ford Windstar as well as Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Grand Marquis and Lincoln Town Car. The biggest impact is being felt by the 5-star Windstar, which has suffered lost production at the Oakville (Ont.) Assembly Plant and threatens to delay the Oct. 1 launch of the '01 model. But St. Thomas (Ont.) Assembly (Crown Victoria/Grand Marquis) and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Hit With Further Safety Defects" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.