Ford Motor Co. won't be making any friends with members of the Sierra Club when its new Excursion sport/utility vehicle (SUV) goes on sale this fall as a '00 model, but it will with many of its shareholders if sales of the new SUV match the vehicle's massive size. Ford hopes to sell 50,000 to 60,000 of its newest SUV annually at an average price of at least $35,000. The company says the SUV is aimed squarely at General Motors Corp.'s Suburban and will meet expectations for a segment of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Hopes Excursion Big on Profits Too" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.