Ford Motor Co. hourly employees have from Oct. 16 to Nov. 27 to opt for a buyout package as the auto maker attempts to shed some 30,000 positions from its North American workforce by 2008. Eight different buyout packages are being offered to Ford’s approximately 75,000 hourly workers in the U.S., depending on length of service and age, among other criteria. To help employees choose the package best suited to them, the auto maker and the United Auto Workers union are hosting opportunity ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Hosting Workshops for Departing Employees" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.