NEW YORK – Ford Motor Co. Chairman and CEO Bill Ford was on hand here Thursday (Nov. 10) to introduce six Escape Hybrids converted to taxicabs to serve the Big Apple. City officials expect as many as 12,000 taxis to be converted to hybrid-electric vehicles within five years in what was rated the third-worst polluted city last year. The fuel efficiency of the HEV taxis is expected to be double that of conventional city cabs. The Escape Hybrid has an Environmental Protection Agency rating ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Hybrid Taxis Roll Into Big Apple" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.