Having now identified five plants for closure, Ford Motor Co. must choose two more to adhere to its Way Forward restructuring plan. The auto maker announces that its assembly sites in Norfolk, VA, and Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN, will be idled in 2008. Sites in Atlanta, St. Louis and Wixom, MI, were previously identified for closure. The motivation behind the moves, which affect more than 4,800 hourly and salaried employees, “is about supplying the right volume, the right flexible build of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Identifies Fourth and Fifth Plants for Closure" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.