BEIJING — Ford Motor Co. accelerates its presence in China as a result of its US$6.45 billion pending takeover of Sweden's AB Volvo Car operation, analysts say. Volvo's high prestige and networks of distribution and service in China will perfectly compliment Ford's local operation. Hong Kong-based Swire Group, the sole agent for Volvo cars in China, says Volvo sold about 700 cars in the country last year. The automaker, which held a grand ceremony to launch its luxury S80 car in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford increases exposure through Volvo" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.