MUMBAI – Ford aims to boost worldwide sales by 50% by 2015 and one of the keys to its strategy is India, both as a production hub and a growing market. The U.S. auto maker is moving to double its total investment in India by Rs50 billion ($1.1 billion) and is introducing eight new models over the next four years here. Michael Boneham, president and managing director, says the investment underscores the importance of Ford India’s Chennai plant and the auto maker’s ongoing expansion. This ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford India to Expand Engine Capacity, Introduce 8 New Models" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.