MUMBAI – Ford India Ltd.’s Figo small car is driving the auto maker’s strategy in India down a new road, away from the cities and into the smaller towns. The Figo platform is designed for global exports but is tailor-made for India, with 85% local content. Its impressive fuel economy of 37-47 mpg (6.4-5.0 L/100 km) and affordability make it competitive with other new small cars from Maruti Suzuki India Ltd., Hyundai Motor India Ltd. and Tata Motors Ltd. The Figo also puts Ford India on ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford India Focuses Figo Sales on Small Towns" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.