BOMBAY — Ford India Ltd. hopes it has created an icon for the 21st century that will meet the needs of the Indian consumer and establish a larger presence in an emerging market. The Indian unit of Ford Motor Co. plans to launch its newest car — named the Ikon — by year's end, company officials say. The mid-size sedan has gone through rigorous testing for India's lifestyle, culture and environment. The result: “Enough headroom to accommodate a man's turban, enough entry space to keep ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford India launches Ikon" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.