CHENNAI – Ford India Ltd. remains in the red. The good news is the subsidiary now has positive cash flow and it likely will become fully viable by 2004 and wipe off accumulated losses by 2008. Ford India's future small car may be based on Ikon's platform. The company is banking on a new small car to be made in India on the Ikon platform for both domestic and export markets. Meanwhile, it is doing well exporting cars, components and technologies. (see related story: Ford India ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford India Moving Ahead But Still In Red" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.