DEARBORN, MI – Ford Motor Co.’s new inflatable seatbelt, demonstrated by the auto maker here, should help mitigate passenger injuries but also could hike the cost of car insurance, as well as the price of a vehicle offering the technology. The safety option will debut on the ’11 Explorer cross/utility vehicle next year. Get the Flash Player to see this player. The inflatable belt especially will be helpful in protecting young children and elderly passengers, who more often are ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Inflatable Seatbelts Enhance Safety, But Could Hike Insurance Premiums" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.