Ford Motor Co. signs a multi-year deal with Canada's Alcan Aluminum Ltd. under which Alcan will supply at least 50% of Ford's aluminum body sheet requirements and 25% of the automaker's wheel alloy needs. Under terms of the deal, Ford will purchase monthly amounts of metal, with options for additional volumes as needed. Alcan also will provide design and technology support services. The deal complements an existing contract under which Alcan supplies aluminum material to Ford for use in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Inks Deal With Alcan Aluminum" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.