FERNDALE, MI – Ford Motor Co. will not allow Tier 1 supplier Collins & Aikman Corp.'s problems to rain on the '06 Fusion sedan's parade. The auto maker launched Fusion production last week in Hermosillo, Mexico, alongside the new Mercury Milan and Lincoln Zephyr, with many crucial interior components coming from a C&A plant in Hermosillo's new supplier park. Fusion production is dependent on Collins & Aikman parts. The recently bankrupt supplier has said, in the past, it ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Installs Supply Contingency Plan in Hermosillo" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.