Ford Motor Co.â€™s plan announced today to add capacity and build its revamped Fiesta small car in Mexico will push that country past Ontario as the leading North American vehicle assembly region in 2012, Wardâ€™s forecasts. Mexico this year is projected to speed by Michigan to become the No.2 vehicle assembler, with 2,214,597 units vs. 2,028,303. And if Ford achieves its target of boosting production by 500,000 vehicles annually in Mexico within the next four years, the countryâ€™s total ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Investment to Make Mexico N. Americaâ€™s Top Vehicle-Producing Region" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.