Ford Motor Co. reportedly recalls some 899,060 Taurus and Mercury Sable sedans registered in 22 states that are located in what is considered cold weather regions, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Reuters says the recall includes ’99, ’00 and ’01 vehicles with defective springs that potentially could sever due to corrosion, leading to tire punctures. The use of salt on icy roads is a major cause of corrosion and Ford dealers are asked to install protective ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Issues Another Taurus/Sable Recall" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.