CHICAGO – Ford Motor Co.’s Way Forward recovery plan purposefully is sketchy on details so the auto maker can more easily adjust to changing market and business conditions, a top executive says. When Ford announced its restructuring plan in January, CEO Bill Ford kept specifics to a minimum, including revealing only three of the five assembly plants the auto maker expects to close. (See related story: Ford’s Way Forward Short of Specifics) "We watch how much we communicate externally," ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Just Being Cautious, Executive Says" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.