Ford Motor Co. has changed its mind about dropping the Escort sedan from its lineup and instead will sell it side-by-side with the all-new Focus sedan, Ward's has learned. At the unveiling of the new Focus at the Detroit auto show in January, Ford said production of the Escort sedan and wagon would end this summer. Instead, the automaker soon will announce that Escort sedan production will be shifted to its Hermosillo Stamping & Assembly plant in Mexico, an apparent move to better ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford to Keep Escort Sedan in Lineup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.