Ford Motor Co.'s new electronically sensored adaptive lighting system has eyes. When the concept sedan (for now unnamed, but set to debut at the Detroit auto show in January) eases into a curve, its light-emitting-diode panel in the front headlight assembly glows a soft white to follow the contour of the road, giving the driver a wide view of the dark. LEDs lead the way on Lincoln concept car's headlight assembly. The panels are at once a safety feature and a technological strike ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Keeps Pace in Lighting Technology" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.